Frequently Asked Questions
How can I book the Wandering Well for my event?
* Please use the "Contact Us" form on our website and include as much information about your event as possible. One of our event coordinators will review your information, check our calendar to see if we are available, and respond shortly thereafter to start the quote process. When you are ready to book, we do require a 50% non refundable retainer and a signed contract to save your date.
What type of events can you come to?
* Private events of all types! Graduation parties, retirement parties, birthday's, engagement parties, weddings, rehearsal dinners, bar/bat mitzvahs, corporate events/team building, holiday parties, cocktail tastings/educational classes, and family reunions are all different types of events that we enjoy.
Are you licensed and insured?
* All of our servers have their Responsible Beverage Server certifications as well as their Food Handler cards for the state of California and we also carry $1M general liability and $1M liquor liability insurance.
Why don't you provide alcohol?
* We don't have a liquor license so we don't sell alcohol. However, as part of our service offering, we will prepare a detailed shopping list of the type/quantity of alcohol that you will need for your event. From our experience, we've found that by having the freedom to shop around and purchase your alcohol separately, you will likely end up reducing your overall alcohol costs.
Where is your service area?
* The Wandering Well happily travels around the Bay Area within a radius of approximately 25 miles from our headquarters in Pleasanton, CA. If you are planning an event that is further away, we may still be able to make it, but there is a $2/mile additional fee. Unfortunately, we don’t travel to San Francisco as we’ve found it to be a bit too tricky to navigate with the horse trailer :(
Do you provide non alcoholic drinks?
* Of course! We love the challenge of creating "Mocktails" for the younger crowd, or those not imbibing. One of our favorites is an Italian soda bar, but if that doesn't tickle your fancy, we have other ideas up our sleeve...
Can you set up inside if needed?
* We sure can! If the weather isn't cooperating, or just you prefer the indoors, the bar does fold up nicely for transportation purposes and we can easily provide the same delicious cocktails without being outdoors. If you have reserved the horse trailer bar, we can move it inside if there is an appropriate space. If there isn’t a space (i.e, barn, hangar, garage, etc.), you will need to provide a tent or other type of shelter for us to park/serve under.
Can I taste the cocktails before my event?
* Once again, the answer is "yes" (can you tell that we hate to say "no"?). If you have reserved the Wandering Well for a wedding or other large event (over 120 guests), we can set up an in person consultation, which includes samples of the drinks you have selected so that we ensure we meet your expectations.
Do you offer an “Open Bar”?
* Our services are designed as an alternative to a traditional open bar, with most clients offering two signature cocktails, beer, and wine. We have found that this approach provides enough choices to please most guests, while simultaneously reducing costs and waste that frequently occurs from having an open bar.
How much space does the trailer need?
*We need a reasonable amount of room for our truck to be able to position the trailer into place, and a flat surface for us to park on. If there is any doubt about whether or not Welma will fit, we will conduct a site visit to asses the space.